8/30/09

Ghoster Than Life


I must admit I have very few memories of that strange entry in the Bill Murray filmography. I saw that thing some 13 years ago, totally unaware of what is was. I just wanted to see it because of the director, Howard Franklin, and the fact i really enjoyed his Public Eye some years before. Sheeeessh. After seeing during the credits that Pen Densham was behind the screenplay, I began to frown. After understanding the D.O.A pitch ( I mean, a man with no career discovered that he inherited an elephant and learns that there's more to life than blahblahblahblahblah), I felt uncomfortable, being afraid of spending the following 100 minutes of suspended animation, disbelief or boredom. Strangely enough, I don't remember anything of that matter. I just don't remember anything. I mean, anything at all. Just that:

a/ it bombed
b/ it killed the Howard Franklin director's career (and Bill Murray's for some years)
c/ out of nowhere, I bought the soundtrack a few days after. I must have listened to it, but I just put it away and totally forgot about it. Poor Miles Goodman. It's only a few days ago that I re-discovered the CD and listened to it.

I still don't remember much of the movie itself (maybe being part of a short-lived -elephant-in-a-movie-craze along with the terrible Operation Dumbo Drop), but if the music aims at the obvious for creating an "musical elephant environment", it's still a very amiable soundtrack and fun to listen to.

3 comments:

Ghost In Reverse said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/273353076/l_rger_lif___.rar


Tr@cklist :
1 Life is the carnival - The Band
2 Psycho - Jack Kittel
3 Main title - Miles Goodman
4 Salad Bar - Miles Goodman
5 Dad's trunk - Miles Goodman
6 Flying Elephant - Miles Goodman
7 An elephant miracle - Miles Goodman
8 Aiport Chase - Miles Goodman
9 Swimming - Miles Goodman
10 The Magnificent Seven theme - Elmer Bernstein
11 The Blue Danube - Johann Strauss (not film version)

Enjoy!

Maddie said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Madison
maddie0147@gmail.com

eda-88 said...

Hot to contact you?

Eda-88