5/3/09

This is My Ghost


Gee wiiiz... no recollection at all from this Ephronite of a movie. I just remember I rented it because of Julie Kavner. God doesn't exist (and even if it did, she would be a black blind lesbian), but Julie Kavner could be her. So funny, even better here as a stand up comedian neglecting her daughters. But wait... I think remember now bits and pieces with Carrie Fisher and Dan Aykroyd... wait... nope. Nothing. Nada. Nichts. Niente.

I must admit (or should I say confess) I bought the CD just because of the Spy Who loved Me song. I didn't know who Carly Simon was, i just loved the voice, the song. So this CD was in the middle of a bargain bin. So... what the heck? I bought it,like, fifteen years ago. 

Listening to it today was a terrible experience. The first notes ring terribly 90's with the awful synthetizers. Carly has a great voice, indeed, but the first two pieces (Love of my life and Back the Way) are on a verge of a crapification . There are ghosts better left buried in my drawers. I just can save Easy on the Eyes. 

... sometimes the 90's were just plain horrible. But as the movie kinda disappeared (and so did Carly Simon), this was time for a tribute. Kinda.

1 comment:

Ghost In Reverse said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/228561730/Thi__i__my_lif_.rar

Tr@cklist:

Love of my life
Back the way (dottie's point of view)
Moving Day
Easy on the eyes
Walking and kising
The show must go on
Love of my life (toots)
Back the way (girls' point of view)
Little troupers
The night before Christmas
This is my life
Love of my life (Drive to the City)