4/12/08

Ghost, Food, Lodging


So many things to do since I started disappearing. First of all, trying to remember the good times. Then I thought of Brooke Adams, one of the many actresses that didn't have the carreer she should have. I saw a great movie in the early 90's : Allison Anders' Gas Food Lodging. Terrific piece of work, the spirit of indie filmaking. 
Free-spirited, with some uneasy characters (like we all are anyway) with a will to represent life not as it should be, but what is like to hope for the best and not getting any. But always optimistic. Damn I love this movie. I remember listening to the soundtrack over and over again. I was kinda drifting away these days. Made me think of the desert and millions places I've never been to - but always felt related to. 
Brooke Adams did probably her best job ever and it's a shame so few filmakers chose her. Not that Ione Skye ans Fairuza Balk weren't any that good, but I think Ms Adams overshadowed them, probably because she didn't have an easy job and that she wasn't the lead actress. Maybe Not?
Anyhoozle. Time fo you to let the velvet monkeys caress your ears and beyond.

6 comments:

Ghost In Reverse said...

Have a Good Link :

http://www.mediafire.com/?x1xdjgjyy5n

Anonymous said...

Salut, ghost in reverse!

Sorry, until now I haven't been so totally aware of your blog, so thanks for linking at Isbum's and linking to my place. I have included you in my blog-roll as well.
Nice header you chose, BTW!

I have Horner's "Chumscrubber".
You want the whole album including the songs or only the score portions of the soundtrack? Any preferred bitrates? Lemme know and I'll up it here and/or at my place soon.

Regards!

Ghost In Reverse said...

Güten Abend, parzival!

Great to see you around here!
Thanx for your linking as well. Your blog is still amazing after all this time. Your April Picture goes so well with the music.

As for Chumscrubber, i can go with the soundtrack and the songs (though i remember only two or three), at any bitrate. So now it's up to you for the upload, wherever you like... many thanx for this in advance :-)

Best Regards.

Anonymous said...

Bonjour, Ghost in Reverse!

Thanks for noticing the subtleties of my blog. :)

Here it is then, Horner's "Chumscrubber" in all its glory...
The soundtrack includes 5 rather forgettable songs, encoded in 192, of which only Phantom Planet's "Our House" left any positive impression on me for its blatant use of the classical Beatles chord-repertoire.
;)

The score itself is encoded in 256.
The beginning bears a strong resemblence to Shostakowitch's waltz from his jazz-suite, but other than that this is one of the most "original" Horner-scores in years, if not ever. That's not to say this was his greates score, but it does not contain any immediate plagiarisms or self-quotes.
Doesn't even sound much like Horner at first listening.
Die-hard and long-time aficionados of the thievery maestro should still feel at home in some of the electronic passages, which recall the sound-design of some parts of "Field Of Dreams", I think.

http://rapidshare.com/files/108053746/JHTCS.rar

Well, enjoy and let me know what you think and how you liked it.

Ghost In Reverse said...

Güten Morgen, parzival!

Chumscrubber is just what I needed. Perfect match for the movie's tone. The "Dolphins" track made me think of The main theme of The Forgotten, one of the best OST i heard these recent years. If this is the new Horner, I like it a lot. This part-dreamy, part-ironic ("pot casserole", "parental rift"), departure is a perfect combination, I Think, of what James Horner is (was?) able to do so in his early years.
Can't remember Field of Dreams (movie that i disliked, that said) so I can't say anyhting about the electronic passages. I kinda tend to forget the music of movies that i didn't quite enjoy. But you seem more of a Horner fan that I am.
Anyhoozle... Chumscrubber is a real gem of a music : a million thanks!

Crunchy said...

Would be great if you could re-up that stuff (maybe using multiupload) - it's pretty hard to find. Thanks in advance!