1/3/08

Turbulence Ahead

After a few years of resistance, i decided to blog myself til i drop.
Just a few lines to share some of my passions around here, from OST to movies, until the beyond gets me. After all, aren't we all ghosts in reverse?

Anyhoo... being sick as hell for these first days of 2008, i decided to throw myself a bunch of airplane movies. To shake up the ghost tree. 
Starting with Turbulence, my favorite Lauren Holly-impersonating-Karen-Black-in-full-Shirley-Walker-rocking-mood. the way ray liotta gets punched all the 96-mn of this Robert Butler is beyond me. I loved every minute of it.

Then came Red Eye. Great Marco Beltrami score. Rachel McAdams is full scream ahead (am I too Stephen Sommers here?), Cillian Murphy intoxicatingly beautiful and deadly. Wes Craven did a fantastic B-movie gem, retooling the Neve Campbell/Skeet Ulrich duo in Scream for the mainstream audience. Full of airplanes errors. but I love the tension. And the score helps a lot.

To stay in fog mood, i threw some images of Airport. Also a great score. And a-throw-everything-in-your-face-70's-dilemna : abortion, adultery, and more! Jean Seberg's hairdo is great : looks like she's been attacked by the Poodle Avenger. Romantic interest is Burt Lancaster, going on 56. The movie should have been called From here to Maternity, it couldn't have been better. Great suspense though. Great SFX for that matter, though i would have loved to see that 707 crashing during landing. Can't have it all.

Then came Flightplan. Poor Jodie. This Bunny lake is missing rip off is full of void. Nothingness as an art. The Vertigo of what's-my-daughter-doing-in-the-machine-room movies.

The day came to a glorious end. It was dark and way past bedtime. I left my body and went away. Lauren Holly was in a mini-skirt, chased by a vengeful George Kennedy and trying to escape a second Airport 79. I just love those ghost days.

3 comments:

Isbum said...

Hey Ghost, very nice way to open up your blog. You set the mood perfectly. I wish you all the best!

As to Lambert, well the French see their hero Belmondo in his puppy dog eyes and thick lips. No? ;)

Isbum said...

By the way, if you like this and feel the like posting it, go ahead. It didn't get much attention at my blog.

"Vulgar"
by Ryan Shore

http://rapidshare.com/files/65249339/RS_Vulgar.zip

or
"Skyggen"

part 1
http://rapidshare.com/files/76893671/VA_Skyggen_pt1.zip

part 2
http://rapidshare.com/files/76899291/VA_Skyggen_pt2.zip


Enjoy and best wishes! isbum

Ghost In Reverse said...

Hi Isbum,

Thanx for dropping by and for your words of wisdom!

Great choices with Vulgar and Skyggen (movie that I liked a lot, actually). I'll try to honor these soundtracks. Many thanks again ;-)